Sautéed Chicken with Garlic, Red Wine, and Rosemary
Serve the chicken with a nice crisp salad.
- 2 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 12 boneless, skinless chicken thighs or breasts
- 3 garlic cloves, minced or passed through a garlic press
- 1 cup medium body red wine
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 28 oz. can crushed tomatoes (San Marzano if possible)
- 1 ½ tsp. fresh chopped rosemary or ¾ tsp. dried
- ¼ cup fresh flat leaf Italian parsley or 1 Tbsp. dried
- Preheat Oven to 350°.
- In an oven safe sauté pan, on medium heat, put olive oil and chicken in one layer and cook until slightly golden. (Repeat, if necessary).
- Lower heat and remove chicken from the pan.
- Add garlic, and cook for 10 seconds. Do not let the garlic burn.
- Add the wine and bring to a boil, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Add the broth. Simmer for 5 minutes and let the liquid reduce by 1/3.
- Return the chicken to the pan, along with any juices.
- Add the crushed tomatoes, rosemary and parsley.
- Place pan in preheated oven and cook for approximately 30 minutes until chicken is done and tender.
- Check for seasoning. If you like, add Kosher or Sea Salt, optional.